City Development Plans
Site Review Committee
If you are planning to develop in the City of Whitefish you will need to go through a process of meetings and coordination with City Staff. One of the first steps that is recommended is to present your project to the Site Review Committee who is responsible for providing direction and feedback concerning City requirements.
The Site Review Committee consists of Public Works, Planning and the Fire Department, providing guidance to your project.
A Site Plan Review Application (PDF) needs to be completed and submitted by Thursday at 5 pm to be considered for the agenda the following Thursday.
Public Works Plan Review
Plan review includes technical review of proposed work to ensure they meet City Engineering Standards. The application review is 30 days upon receipt of all plans.
Municipal Facilities Checklist
State of Montana DEQ State of Montana DEQ Municipal Facilities Checklist and Form
- Montana Contractors License, Insurance and Bond on File.
- The Performance Bond shall be equal to the value of the project, or as determined by the City Engineer, and shall remain in force for one year from the date of completing the project.
- Contractors furnishing the City with an annual bond of at least $5,000 for various projects will not be required to furnish additional bonding, providing the existing bond meets the requirements of these standards.
- Bonds may be in the form of a Surety Bond, a Certificate of Deposit (CD), a Certified Check or an irrevocable Letter of Credit issued by a bank licensed to do business in the State of Montana.
- Excavation/Right of Way Permit Packet (PDF)