Phase I of the E 2nd Street Reconstruction Project has been completed and Phase II is underway. The Whitefish Public Works Department awarded the Phase II portion of the project to Knife River who began work June 9th, 2014. Work is scheduled to continue through the end of September 2014.
The project consists of reconstruction of approximately 4,000 linear feet of East 2nd Street, beginning just east of Larch Lane. The work will include:
- Curb and gutter
- Sanitary sewer systems
- Storm drain systems
- Street lighting systems
- Water mains and services
- Railroad crossing improvements
- Roadway excavation and placement of new gravel and asphalt
- Other miscellaneous improvements
The contractor will have traffic control in place and emergency responders have been notified of the project schedule.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions concerning the project, please contact:
- Project Manager, Brandon Theis of Robert Peccia and Associates
- City of Whitefish Senior Project Engineer, Karin Hilding
This project was completed in 2015.