This public health crisis has us all facing unprecedented challenges, and we want you to know the City of Whitefish is committed to the health and well-being of our residents and visitors. We are empathetic to the sacrifices, the anxiety, the struggle of changing habits, and the economic impacts we are all enduring.
We are continually monitoring the rapidly changing situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), and taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as state and local officials. We will continue to rely on their recommendations and expertise for planning and to inform our choices. The Flathead County Health Department updates their website on a regular basis.
It is essential we think beyond ourselves and especially consider the most vulnerable in our community. We ask you to stay vigilant with these best practices:
- Practice "social distancing" by staying 6-feet from others and canceling gatherings of 10 people or more (no gatherings for immunocompromised people and/or 60 and older).
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue (or your elbow).
- Stay away from work, school, or other people if you become sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you become sick, call ahead to your health care provider, health department, urgent care, or emergency room before arrival.
- If you require emergency services, please tell the dispatcher in advance if you have flu-like symptoms so Emergency Medical Services (EMS) can be prepared with appropriate safety equipment.
We will provide updates and signage at www.WhitefishCovidCares.com.
While these times are trying, we will get through them together. We ask you to show extra kindness and compassion and take good care. Thanks for staying vigilant.