State Park Road Reconstruction
The City of Whiteﬁsh is reconstructing State Park Road, from Lion Mountain Road to the Railroad Crossing. The City has selected the engineering ﬁrm of Robert Peccia and Associates (RPA) to assist them with project management, public involvement, surveying and civil engineering. The project will include roadway reconstruction, a bicycle/pedestrian path and drainage improvements.
- Phase I was completed to Haugen Heights Road in November 2019
- Work on Phase II will begin in April 2020
- City construction activities have ended for the summer and will resume after Labor Day. Detour A will be in place through Labor Day as utility companies work to install power, gas, phone, and cable.
Additional Project Information
For additional project information, view the City Council Meeting Project Packet (PDF) containing the staff report recommending approval of the design of Phase II and authorization to bid.
Winter 2020 Update
Paving on State Park Road took place the week of 11/2 and the roadway is now open to two-way traffic. City staff is optimistic that the contractor will be able to reach substantial completion before winter shutdown, but some significant items remain at the time of this update. This work includes approximately 1,500 feet of shared use path, fencing along the golf course, topsoil, and completion of the lighting system. To date we have paid LHC $1.96M of a $2.76M contract.
Public Outreach & Involvement
Throughout the development of the project, there will be several public outreach campaigns and opportunities for public involvement.
Informational newsletters and other information regarding the project will be posted to the website.
Communication Is Key
We want to communicate with all property owners and residents in the vicinity of State Park Road. Email is a great tool for distributing information. To be included in our email distribution, please provide your name, address and email address by email or call 406-752-5025.
- Council Packet - State Park Road Phase II Approval of Bidding (PDF)
- State Park Road Reconstruction Project Public Meeting 1 Presentation (PDF)
- State Park Road Reconstruction Project Public Meeting 2 Presentation (PDF)
- State Park Road Reconstruction Project Public Meeting 3 Presentation (PDF)
- State Park Road Reconstruction Project Public Meeting 4 Presentation (PDF)
- State Park Road Reconstruction Project Public Meeting 5 Presentation (PDF)