2023 Spring Leaf Pickup
The City of Whitefish will NO LONGER BE PICKING UP BAGGED LEAVES. A new system has begun that will require leaves to be placed adjacent to the edge of the street for pickup.
The following rules apply:
- For those residing in an area that has boulevards, place your leaves within the boulevard closest to the street side but not in the gutter.
- If the residence does not have a boulevard, leaves must be deposited no farther than five feet from the street, but not on the pavement itself.
- This service DOES NOT include the removal of grass clippings. Piles with branches, grass clippings, garden waste and pet waste will not be picked up.
- Please do not place leaves around tree bases, signs, light poles, or any other obstacles.
- Please follow the City’s Alternate Side Parking restrictions to ensure the success of this new system.
Approximate Dates of Service: April 10 - May 31
Questions about the new leaf pickup procedures may be directed to the Public Works Department (firstname.lastname@example.org, or (406) 863-1260).
Items Not Picked Up
The City will not pick up such items as:
- Construction rubble
- Oversized tree limbs or branches
These items must be hauled by the property owner to the County Landfill.
Composting & Recycling
The City encourages residents to compost their yard and garden waste to reduce to amount of material to be picked up.
Please, call the Public Works Office at 863-1260 if there are any questions.
Thank you for your cooperation.