Special Events and Fitness in the Park

A Special Event Permit (PDF) is required for use of the City Right-of-Way or events in a City Park as stated in Section 7-4-1 (PDF). This includes street closures, parking space closure, sidewalk sales, weekly runs, parades; and/or if the event includes erecting a structure, is advertised to the public, a fee is charged to attend, alcohol will be sold or consumed, etc. Review the Special Event Guidelines (PDF)  to learn about the procedures and regulations involved with holding a special event in Whitefish.

Please complete the checklist and return the completed Special Event Application with payment to the Customer Service Specialist at least 15 business days prior to an event. Please contact the Parks and Recreation Operations Specialist for events in a City Park. Any event that crosses or takes place along a state highway will need to complete the Montana Department of Transportation Special Use Permit for State Maintained Highways (PDF).

Fitness in the Parks

The City of Whitefish allows the use of parks for organized fitness activities. For organized fitness activities where anticipated attendance is greater than 15, a fee is charged to participate, or you wish to advertise your local business during a free fitness activity, please complete the Fitness in the Parks Registration Form and submit the required insurance.

Color Toss

Related Documents